Сам п'ю, сам гуляю
- Пропив же я весь зарібок сам.
- Пропив же я ще ??? пивок??? сам.
- Сам си стелю, сам лягаю.
- Сам постелю, сам лягаю.
- Сам си стелю, сам.
- Сам лягаю, сам.
- Пропив вже я все тепер сам.
- Пам'ятаю я тепер сам.
- Си стелю = ся стелю = стелюся = make my bed
The earliest known versions had a very different melody than what is typically sung today. Freddie Chetyrbok's album is the first known version using the melody popular in the diaspora today.
The original version of this song may have been written by Eugene Zukowsky, as implied on the LP sleeve of the album "Веселі Пісні І Жарти України": "When Zukowsky was writing these songs[...]" and on [https://www.discogs.com/release/15267001-Eugene-Zukowky-And-His-Group-Ukrainian-Comic-Songs Ukrainian Comic Songs": "These songs and spot comedy bits were composed and sung by the very talented artist Eugene Zukowsky. From 1925 to 1940, through the depression and years of struggle, Zukowsky made the Ukrainian people laugh."
However, the song was also being sung in Ukraine as early as 1938 (source: The film "Сорочинская ярмарка (1938)") which would mean that if Zukowsky wrote it that his record made it to Ukraine between 1925 and 1938. This is somewhat unlikely given the political situation at the time, which suggests that the earlier source might have ascribed Zukowsky credit when it was actually a folk song that he merely arranged.
Tracking down the original Zukowsky shellac 78rpm record which includes this song might have some more info on the label which could clear this up.
- Freddie Cheturbok? Melody
- Burya Sharavarshchyna
- Burya I (0:00 - 3:05)
- Burya Live in Toronto (42:11 - 46:50)
- Burya Live in Edmonton - Encore Medley (14:06 - 15:32)
- Burya - Set In Stone (Сам П'ю Swing Instrumental)
- Sloohai (Spotify)
- Sloohai Live (45:45 - 48:52)
- Molodtsi Chabluk Family & Friends
- Евген Жуковський з оркестрою
- Benefit Night Supporting Andrej Baczynskyj - Ukrainian Caravan Show (57:08 - 58:37)
- Шарішанці, соліст Штефан Штець
- Народна Мелодія